Sunday, June 21, 2009

Passion

Pardon my lengthy blog absence. It's not that I didn't have anything to say, just that there were too many bits and pieces. But what I think I've meant to focus on is passion.

Passion is what drives people, for better or worse, for good or evil. When people start talking about losing their passion for something, it usually means quitting or giving up. It means the end of a job or a marriage, a loss of faith or friends.

And the result is usually that we continue carrying out our daily duties, but we are no longer engaged. We are going through the motions.

And that is really why this blog exists. I can go through the motions of faith on autopilot, but I need to do more. I need to, I must, find a way to kindle not only my own fire, but those around me. I pray you feel the same.

So with that in mind, I offer a song that captures passion with more eloquence than my pecking at the keyboard: The Motions by Matthew West.

No comments:

Post a Comment